Saffransskorpor ~ Saffron Biscotti
4 oz butter (1 stick)
1/2 tsp saffron
2 eggs, whisked
2 cups GF Cake Flour Blend*
1/2 cup almond meal*
2/3 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degreed.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized sauce pan. Add the saffron and the eggs and whisk together.
- Add all the other ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Blend with a spoon. Add the melted butter mixture and mix everything together, until forming dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into three logs and place onto the parchment paper. Sprinkle the logs with raw sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees.
- Cut the logs into 1" thick slices and return the baking sheet to oven. Let dry for 10 minutes. Turn off oven, leaving the biscotti in the oven to dry until oven has cooled.
*Gluten-Free Cake Flour Blend, or use your own favorite GF mix:
2 cups brown rice flour
2 cups white flour blend
1 cup potato or corn starch
1 1/4 cups tapioca starch
*Make your own almond meal by placing 3/4 cups almonds in a food processor, and pulsing until finely ground. Measure 1/2 cup for recipe.
God Jul ~ Merry Christmas!